Policies and Procedures
It is important to be aware of policies and procedures that pertain to your financial assistance. Please view the following policies and procedures and find more information in the BVU Student Handbook/Catalog. You may find additional policies/reports at Student Consumer Information. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact our staff.
- Financial Assistance Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (Undergraduate)
- Financial Assistance Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (Graduate)
- Independent Status Policy
- Parent in College Policy and Request for Information
- Military Deployment Policy
- Withdrawal Process/Institutional Charges Policy (Storm Lake campus)
- Withdrawal Process/Institutional Charges Policy (Online and Graduate)
- Return of Title IV (Federal) Funds Policy
- Semester-Long Travel Financial Aid and Billing Policy
- Verification Policy
- Code Of Conduct Policy
- Consortium Agreement
- Teach Grant Process
- Veteran's Benefit Policy
- Repeating Coursework Policy: More than one repeat of any previously passed course will be excluded from enrollment status.
- Degree Completion Policy: A student is considered to have completed a degree when all degree requirements have been met. Students are not eligible to receive federal/state aid for coursework which will not count towards degree completion requirements. Students should carefully monitor each semester's/term's course selection, as some electives may not be required for degree completion and, thus, cannot be included in that semester's/term's enrollment status for federal/state aid eligibility.
Office of Financial Assistance
610 West 4th Street
Storm Lake, IA 50588
712-749-2164 or 800.383.2821