Financial Assistance Forms
If requested to do so by the Office of Financial Assistance, please print out the appropriate form(s) and mail to:
Buena Vista University
Office of Financial Assistance
610 West 4th Street
Storm Lake, IA 50588
To keep your financial information secure, please do not e-mail anything that would include a social security number or tax information belonging to yourself, a parent, or spouse.
To securely upload your documents online, please click below.
Financial Assistance Upload
Office of Financial Assistance Forms
Verification is a way to ensure that the information on the FAFSA is accurate and financial aid is being distributed appropriately and fairly. If you are selected for verification, you may need to submit a copy of your/your parent 2018 Federal Tax Return or Tax Return Transcript(s).
Review of Ability to Contribute-If you don't find an option below that allows you to report anything unusual that affects your family's ability to contribute towards college costs, please contact our office at 800.383.2821 ext. 2164 or email us at email@example.com.
If you have any unusual family situation that you feel was not reflected on the 2020-2021 FAFSA, please read below.
- If you have unusual medical or dental expenses that were paid in 2019, please send a signed letter of explanation including the family member affected, the date the condition occurred and the total amount paid out-of-pocket for the condition. The amount must be substantial, as the federal needs analysis formula does provide an allowance for medical expenses. DO NOT INCLUDE AMOUNTS THAT WILL BE PAID BY INSURANCE OR AMOUNTS NOT YET PAID BY YOU OR THROUGH INSURANCE PAYMENTS. You must include documentation that reflects the amount you paid out-of-pocket in 2019; we will not proceed without this documentation.
- Please send a letter of explanation if a parent’s/independent student's 2018 income was higher than 2019 due to such things as:
- Unusual overtime or bonus pay which will/was not received in 2019,
- More than one job in 2018 but not in 2019,
- New employment at a lower pay rate
- You must include a copy of parents’/independent student's 2019 tax return and W-2s as documentation. We will not proceed without this documentation.
- If you (independent student) or a parent (dependent student) is separated, divorced or widowed at the time you are completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA, but that condition was not represented in a 2018 tax return, you should complete the FAFSA using only relevant 2018 income for you, as an independent student, or the parent you live with, as a dependent student, unless that parent or the student has remarried. You do not need to provide BVU with information about this situation. Simply complete or correct the FAFSA using the correct 2018 income and use current asset information. If you or a custodial parent is currently remarried, you will provide both 2018 incomes and current joint asset information on the FAFSA.
- The appropriate Special Condition Form below (dependent or independent) may be used to reflect changes in marital status, loss of 2020 untaxed or taxable income, or the death of a parent/spouse.
- Additional Loan Request
- Special Condition Form for COVID-19-Dependent Students
- Enrollment Plan (2020-2021)
- Parent in College (2020-2021)
- Iowa Residency Application
- Special Conditions Form - Dependent Student (2020-2021)
- Special Conditions Form - Independent Student (2020-2021)
- Military Benefits Form
Verification Worksheets (2020-2021)
- (VF1) - Verification of 2018 Income Information for Parent Tax Filers
- (VF2) - Verification of 2018 Income Information for Parent Non-tax Filers
- (VF3) - Verification of 2018 Income Information for Student Tax Filers
- (VF4) - Verification of 2018 Income Information for Independent Student Non-tax Filers
- (VF4A) - Verification of 2018 Income Information for Dependent Student Non-tax Filers
- (VF5) - Number of Household Members and Number in College (Dependent Student)
- (VF8) - Certifications and Signatures (Dependent Student)
- (VF10) - Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- (VF12) - High School Completion Status
- (VF15) - Number of Household Members and Number in College (Independent Student)
- (VF18) - Certification and Signature (Independent Student)
If you wish to use Military Benefits to attend Buena Vista University, please complete our online form. This form will notify our School Certifying Official that you wish to receive benefits as a first-time recipient, or if you have a change in remaining benefits or a change in source of benefits. This form is available to accepted students only, and a BVU login is required.