Tuition Payment Options
We understand that your education is a significant investment. We're here to help make payment convenient and easy. Find options for making payments and more information on where to find your tuition statements and billing information.
Buena Vista University bills for tuition one semester at a time. Access your student account information in BeaverNet under the Billing section for the most up-to-date transactions and balances. Email is the official mode of communication from BVU to students. Tuition statements will be sent to your BVU email address each month. Paper statements are mailed less frequently so we encourage students to check their campus email regularly.
Note to students: It is important to understand that as the student you are responsible for coordinating payment of your account. This means it is your responsibility to:
- File all necessary paperwork for financial aid in a timely manner.
- Communicate with your parent or other responsible party if they will be paying for your account.
- Contact the Business Office if you are having difficulty paying your bill to discuss alternative options available.
Each semester, student account balances are to be paid in full or arrangements officially in place with the Business Office prior to arriving on campus (for Storm Lake campus students) and prior to the first day of class (for online/hybrid and graduate students).
Arrangements can include enrolling in the monthly payment plan, applying for outside loans or outside scholarships, sending funds from a College Savings Plan, etc. Do you have a special situation? Call the Business Office to discuss at 712.749.2041.
Ways to Pay
- Online (BeaverNet)
Log in to your BeaverNet account and clicking on Billing. From that page you can:
- View your student account transactions and current balance owed.
- Make a payment using a credit/debit card or your bank account information (processing fees may apply)
- Enroll in a monthly payment plan.
- Access copies of your account statements in PDF format.
- Download your 1098T tuition tax statement after January 31 each year.
- Mail or Outside Scholarship Funds
Send a check or money order to:
Buena Vista University
Attn: Business Office
610 W 4th St
Storm Lake, IA 50588
Please include the student name and ID number with the check.
Bring a check, money order, or cash in to any of the following BVU office locations across Iowa:
- Storm Lake: BVU's Main Campus
- Council Bluffs: Iowa Western Community College
- Denison: Western Iowa Tech Community College
- Emmetsburg: Iowa Lakes Community College
- Estherville: Iowa Lakes Community College
- Fort Dodge: Iowa Central Community College
- Marshalltown: Marshalltown Community College
- Mason City: North Iowa Area Community College
- Newton: Des Moines Area Community College
- Ottumwa: Indian Hills Community College
- Sioux City: Western Iowa Tech Community College
- Spencer: Iowa Lakes Community College
Call 712.749.2041. We accept all major credit or debit cards over the phone (processing fees apply).
- Foreign Currency
BVU partners with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country, in any currency, at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple, and cost-effective.
Additional Information on PayMyTuition:
How to make a payment – step-by-step PDFs:
- Bernese German
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
PayMyTuition customer support information
No matter what time zone you are in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.
- Wire Transfer
Contact the Business Office at email@example.com to request our bank wiring instructions.
- Online (Without BeaverNet Access)
Are you a former student who no longer has access to BeaverNet? Are you a parent, friend, or employer wishing to make a payment toward a student balance? Payments made via the link below will be applied to student account balances the next business day (processing fees apply).
Student Financial Responsibility
By registering for and attending classes, students accept full responsibility to pay the tuition for those classes. Students who do not pay their account in full by each semester's due date will not be able to register for classes until their account is fully paid. Past due accounts will accrue interest at 1.25% per month on the unpaid balance until paid in full. Students with delinquent accounts will not be able to pre-register for subsequent terms, receive copies of their grades or official transcripts, or receive diplomas until the University receives full payment. For more information on the Student’s Financial Responsibility, please log in to BeaverNet and review the Student Financial Agreement located on the Billing tab, Forms section.