These awards and grants are for transfer students who attend our Storm Lake campus on a full-time basis. A student is considered a transfer student after they have graduated from high school or completed their GED and have completed one semester at a community college or four-year college/university as a full-time students (24 hours or more).
Take me to:
Awarded based on college CGPA and residency status. Renewable with the BVU CGPA indicated.*
Criteria: 3.24 and below
*Students who live off campus will have their scholarship reduced by $5,000.
Beaver Visit Grant
- Criteria: To be eligible, you must be a high school student who visits BVU from Jan. 1 of their junior year to July 1 of their senior year or a college transfer student entering BVU in the Fall Semester.
- Amount: $1,000 per year
Qualified students may apply for the Honors Program.
- Criteria: 3.75 GPA, top 10 percent of high school class
- $2,500 travel stipend
- Research and conference funding, priority class registration
Other Awards & Grants
Fine & Media Arts Awards
- Awards available for animation, art, art therapy, graphic design, scientific illustration, digital media, instrumental music, music production or vocal music; both those majoring in these disciplines or participating in the associated cocurricular program.
- Students majoring in one of areas listed above must compete in an audition or portfolio review before March 1. Students participating only must audition or provide a portfolio for review by Feb. 28.
- Award amounts vary.
- Available to first-year Storm Lake campus students
- Awarded to students based on talent and individuals who are dedicated to continued improvement in their respective areas of activity
- Scholarships awarded in marching band, dance, rodeo, livestock showing, and esports
- Award amounts vary
- Ask your admissions counselor how you may qualify
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- For members of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society who are transferring to BVU from a community college
- Storm Lake Campus Students: $2000 per year ($1000 per semester)
- Online Students: $800 per year ($400 per semester)
- Recipients must maintain a BVU cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to any U.S. resident who resides outside of Iowa
- $2000 per year
Buena Vista Grants
BVU also provides need-based grants to full-time students, which are determined by their financial requirements and other gift aid from BVU. These grants can be renewed depending on a student's academic performance.
Learn more about Buena Vista University