"The applicability of the coursework to what I was doing with coworkers at the bank was phenomenal."
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
Graduate Degree Program
The master’s in organizational leadership provides the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively lead people in an ever-changing work environment and can be completed in as few as 1.5 years. The coursework is designed to prepare professionals for a range of leadership positions and is available fully online.
Take Me To
Why Should I Earn an Organizational Leadership Degree from BVU?
Gain Fresh Skills
Propel your career with a Master of Arts in organizational leadership that prepares you for the job you want. Take courses that develop your high-level leadership and strategic planning skills in important areas like ethics, systems thinking, and social context.
Grow for a Promotion
No matter what industry you currently work in — or where you aspire to be — this master of organizational leadership degree will prepare you to be an agile leader. You’ll be equipped for positions in senior management, non-profit administration, or to be on a board of directors.
Why Study Organizational Leadership at BVU?
Learn Completely Online
Earn your master’s in organizational leadership at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. You’ll take one, eight-week course at a time, making it easy to focus on your coursework alongside your career. Through Canvas, our online learning platform, with one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the supportive BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
Join a Welcoming Community.
Share Remarkable Experiences.
One of the things I firmly believe in is that a good leader should be the leader their follower needs. The more I can learn the more I can adapt. A truly successful leader is fluid and must adjust to meet followers where they need to be.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Courses & Application Requirements
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Courses
- GRAD 400/500 Essentials of Graduate Study
- ORGL 404/504 History and Theory of Leadership Studies
- ORGL 406/506 Managing Team Leadership
- ORGL 408/508 Leading Across Boundaries
- ORGL 510 Leading with a Systems Thinking Mindset
- ORGL 514 Decision Making for Leadership Development
- ORGL 520 Maximizing Ethical Leadership
- ORGL 522 Leadership in Social Contexts
- ORGL 540 Leading Organizational Change
- ORGL 550 Consulting Capstone in Leadership or ORGL 555 Executive Leadership Internship
ORGL 550 or 555 is the final course in the program.
- Application Requirements
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a professional or academic source equipped to speak to the candidate’s preparation for graduate study.
- Submission of an autobiographical essay answering the following: In a response of no more than 400 words, detail the importance of the Master of Arts in organizational leadership to your career, professional, and/or personal growth path. The autobiographies or essays will be submitted to email@example.com.
- Official transcripts, from any institution attended as well as any graduate transcripts, sent directly to:
Buena Vista University
610 W. 4th Street
Storm Lake, IA 50588
Your Support Team
We’ll help you figure out your options for receiving financial assistance while pursuing your master of organizational leadership degree.Learn More
Master’s in Organizational Leadership Faculty
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.See Our Faculty
No GRE Required
BVU does not require students to take the GRE for admission — saving you time and money.
Are you employed by one of our Strategic Partner organizations? Learn how you can lower your overall tuition costs! Strategic Partnerships
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your teaching English as a second language or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.