Online and Graduate Students
The BVU Library has made it a priority to provide high-quality library resources and services to aid our online and graduate students.
- Most library services can be easily reached by all BVU students, faculty, and staff regardless of location. The key to access is your BVU username (BVU email address) and password.
If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact 2Fix, the BVU Computer Center Help Desk, for assistance.
- 2Fix Phone: 712.749.2349
- 2Fix Toll-free phone: 800.248.4462
- 2Fix Email: email@example.com
- The BVU Library provides over 100 databases in a wide array of subject areas that allow researchers to identify scholarly, popular or newspaper articles. Off-campus access to these databases is limited to currently enrolled students and employees of Buena Vista University. Please login with your username and password. Other researchers are welcome to access these databases from one of the computers in the BVU Library.
- BVU Library Catalog provides the ability to search for books and other materials we own and provides a built-in PLACE HOLD button so that materials you've identified can be delivered to you.
- To place a request, click the "Place Hold" button associated with each catalog entry. You will be prompted to log in to complete your request. Items you request will be mailed to your home address as soon as they are available, or the next business day.
- The Interlibrary Loan service provides an online request service to order books, articles and audio-visual materials that are not available at the BVU Library. Interlibrary Loan provides BVU Library patrons with access to millions of items beyond the BVU Library collection. Students and faculty who live outside of Storm Lake may need to pay postage costs to return books and A/V materials to BVU Library.
- Personalized research help is available from trained reference librarians who want to see you succeed with your research! Librarians are available in person, over the phone, via chat or by email.
- Research Guides can help guide you how to use BVU Library resources to complete your assignments.
- A Library DIY self-help research guide is available to help you navigate through the research process.
- Formal and informal library instruction sessions targeted to your research needs. We are available to meet with individuals, small groups, or entire classes. Contact BVU Library for more information.
Is Storm Lake too far away? We deliver! Online and graduate students have access to most of the BVU Library collections. Just let us know what you need, and we'll send it to your home address.
- Books, CDs, DVDs, Video tapes and other "returnables" - when you find the item you want, just click the "Place Hold" button in the catalog. You can also make a request for an item that is checked out and we'll ship it to you as soon as it is returned. Students should plan to pay postage costs to return the item to the BVU Library when they have finished with it. A mailing label will be enclosed for your convenience.
- Articles or copies of book chapters - if you need a copy of an article or a chapter of a book that you know BVU Library owns, you can place a request for it in our Interlibrary Loan system. It's helpful if you include a note with the request that reads "BVU owns." We'll scan the article or chapter into your Interlibrary Loan account and send you an email letting you know when the information is ready for you. This usually takes less than one business day.