Continuing Education Opportunities
Buena Vista University offers a variety of continuing education opportunities to expand your knowledge and build upon your experience. Our courses, workshops, and webinars equip you with the essentials to stay current in your practicing field.
License Renewal Credit Courses
Educators, earn continuing education credits (CEUs) with these license renewal credit courses from BVU! All courses are approved by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners. Each license renewal course is equivalent to two (2) license renewal credits upon completion.
At $250 per course, these quality courses are an affordable way to earn your license renewal credits! Classes are offered in convenient eight-week terms.
- Elementary Physical Education Games and Standards-Based Grading
- Secondary Physical Education Games and Standards-Based Grading
- Teaching and Learning Through Movement
- Developing Materials and Strategies for English Language Learners
- Using Popular Culture to Support English Language Learners' Academic Development
- Reading Methods and Strategies
- Literacy and Pop Culture
- Social Studies and Literacy in the K-12 Setting
- A Focus on Addition and Subtraction (Grades K-4)
- A Focus on Multiplication and Division (Grades 3-6)
- Developing and Utilizing Text Sets in the K-12 Classroom
- Development of Academic Clubs in the K-12 Setting
- Language Practices in the K-12 Classroom
- Understanding the Effects of Poverty in the K-12 Classroom
- Utilizing Mentor Texts in the K-12 Classroom
- Writing Practices in the K-12 Classroom
Course Start Dates
Buena Vista University offers the Board of Educational Examiner’s approved Substitute Authorization course, providing the skills and knowledge to serve as a substitute teacher in PK-12 school districts. This is a 17-hour self-paced online course, which provides more flexibility to become a licensed substitute teacher in Iowa. Students who enroll in the course will have two weeks to complete the coursework.
After completing the course and meeting other state requirements, students will be eligible to serve in Iowa school districts as substitute teachers. The course is conveniently offered online.
Course Start Dates
- Oct. 4, 2021
- Nov. 8, 2021
- Dec. 6, 2021
- Jan. 17, 2022
- Feb. 7, 2022
- March 21, 2022
- May 16, 2022
Join us for live online workshops and earn continuing education hours. Buena Vista University's Mental Health Counseling Program is pleased to offer monthly continuing education webinars on a variety of professional topics.
With over 65 bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and endorsements, you will find your path at Buena Vista University. Academic Programs
Meet Our Instructors
Our education are expert faculty with years of experience in practical classroom settings and teacher instruction. They are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond!
Register to Participate
Continuing Education Sessions
These informative sessions will not only help you meet continuing education requirements, but will also help you grow professionally! See our registration page for pricing.