New Alumni Association Board Members for 2018
On July 1, BVU welcomed six new members to the National Alumni Association Board of Directors. They will offer advice, volunteer service, and financial support to the University.
The Buena Vista University National Alumni Association has elected six new members to its board. The board members include:
- Brad Behrens of Ankeny, Iowa, a 2000 graduate of BVU and compliance consultant at Wells Fargo Compliance.
- Shelby Bleeker of Minneapolis, Minn., a 2012 graduate of BVU and human resources recruiter at the Associated Clinic of Psychology.
- Adam Boeding of Urbandale, Iowa, a 1997 graduate of BVU and regional president at First American Bank.
- Chris Hansen of Storm Lake, Iowa, who attended BVU for three years of his undergraduate studies before graduating from the University of Iowa College of Dentistry in 2008. Hansen is a dentist at Family Dental Center.
- Kyle Miller of Sioux City, Iowa, a 2005 graduate of BVU and software engineer/architect at Indigenous Software.
- Shawn Semerad of Omaha, Neb., a 1996 graduate of BVU and financial reporting supervisor at Peter Kiewit Sons’, Inc.
In addition, two members were elected to leadership positions on the board. Michael Jacobson, a 2006 graduate of BVU, will serve as chair; and Ariane (Sundean) Criger, a 2002 graduate of BVU, will be vice-chair.
Election to the alumni board is an honor accorded to alumni leaders who have demonstrated their dedication to the advancement of the institution. The board can have a maximum of 30 members who serve staggered three-year terms. They offer advice, volunteer service and financial support to the University.