CompSci Scholarship Program
Get your tuition covered and earn a paid fellowship!
The BVU CompSci Scholarship program provides students with the opportunity to have their entire tuition costs covered for their bachelor’s degree. Additionally starting their sophomore year, they can earn extra money through paid hands-on fellowships, which may be used for housing and food costs at BVU.
The BVU CompSci Scholarship program is open to entering Fall 2024 first-year students. Six will be selected into the program each year.
Earn Extra Income
Beginning sophomore year, students will have the opportunity to make $20 per hour, dedicating five hours per week to a paid fellowship, totaling $2,800 per year.
Paid Fellowship Details
Selected students will serve as academic assistants and programmers, sharing knowledge of robotics, artificial intelligence, and cybersecurity, all while continuing to promote a culture of learning and sharing within the CompSci department.
Work is evaluated at the end of each semester for paid fellowship renewal.
• Scholarship recipients need a 3.10 cumulative high school GPA.
• Recipients must be a full-time student and live on campus.
• To be eligible, recipients must major in Computer Science and remain with a School of Science major to renew.
• FAFSA required. Federal and state grants will be used to help cover tuition costs if eligible.
• Preference is given to Iowa residents and/or students from towns of 10,000 or less outside of Iowa.
• Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA at BVU to renew up to eight, consecutive semesters.
• Students eligible for this scholarship will complete a supplemental application.
Take the Next Step!
Ready to begin your journey of becoming a Beaver? We couldn’t be more excited for you! Apply or schedule your campus visit today.