Health Requirements and Forms
Student Health Form
The Student Health Form is required for all Freshman, Transfer or Re-admitting students.
Students should go the BVU student portal at https://bvu.medicatconnect.com. Complete the requirements for all full-time students and requirements for freshman/transfer students. This will include uploading insurance card copy front/back, insurance waiver form and immunization records.
Required Health Insurance
All full-time students (12 credit hours or more) and/or students residing on campus are required to have health insurance. If you have health insurance coverage and do not wish to be enrolled in the policy offered by BVU, complete the waiver statement found below. You will be asked to upload your insurance card front and back when completing your student health form. For any inquiries regarding the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offered by Buena Vista University, please contact the Business Office at 712.749.2041 or BusOffice@bvu.edu or Health Services (see contact info below).
Required Health Insurance Waiver
Buena Vista University requires all eligible students to have health insurance coverage. Each eligible student is required to submit an online Waiver/Enrollment Form. If you have proper health coverage and do not wish to be enrolled in BVU’s student health insurance, choose to waive. If you would like to be enrolled in BVU’s student health insurance, choose to enroll. If no form is submitted by the waiver deadline of September 11, 2020, you will be automatically enrolled. The waiver will be available for completion beginning June 22, 2020. Complete BVU Waiver Statement
New for this academic year, BVU has partnered with Gallagher for a more comprehensive health insurance policy that meets the needs of our student body. With this partnership, the waiver will be completed on a different website than previous years. If you are a returning BVU student, you will need to create a new profile through the link above. If you have questions, please reach out to Katie McKibben email@example.com or 749-2216.
Review this checklist before submitting:
STUDENT HEALTH FORM (completed)
All subjective information is completed on front page including:
- Drug Allergies
- Environmental/Food Allergies
- Current medications
- Current supplements or Ergogenic Aids
- Phone numbers including cell phone numbers
- Emergency contact information
- Insurance coverage status: choose option, provide subscriber's name and date of birth, and submit copy of front and back of card(s) with Student Health Form.
- Family history
- Personal history
Immunizations Information: Proof of vaccination must be received and approved by August 1 if entering Fall semester or December 1 if entering Spring semester. PLEASE UPLOAD OR EMAIL YOUR MOST RECENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD when submitting your Student Health Form.
Required immunization dates provided
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- 2 doses required
- Booster within the past 10 years
- Primary series-date completed
- Polio (OPV)
- Primary series-date completed
- One dose required
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Assessment
- Tuberculin Skin Test required if answer "yes" to any screening questions
Recommended but not required:
- Hepatitis B- series of three
- Hepatitis A - series of two
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus) - series of three
- Varicella- series of two (if no history of chicken pox disease)
- Meningococcal B- series of two
- COVID19- one or series of two
*Students wishing to file an exemption to any or all of the required immunizations must obtain medical exemption from a health care provider.
Emergency Treatment Consent, Signed and dated (located at the bottom of the form)
- August 1st if entering Fall semester
- December 1st if entering Spring semester
Buena Vista University
610 West Fourth Street
Forum Box 2025
Storm Lake, Iowa 50588
- This STUDENT HEALTH FORM including IMMUNIZATIONS and INSURANCE CARD (front/back) is REQUIRED for ALL students entering as a freshman, transfer, or re-admit and must be filled out in its entity before submitting. This form, current insurance card front/back, and immunization record must be received and approved before by August 1st if entering Fall semester or December 1st if entering Spring semester.
- Failure to comply with deadline will result in an academic hold on your account until required forms are received.