At Buena Vista University, we possess an innate instinct to build. It’s rooted in our identity as Beavers and in our belief that we can and should better the world around us.
- Buena Vista University has a total enrollment of 1,959, serving students on our Storm Lake campus and online, site, and graduate programs.
- In a survey of the class, 96 percent of the Class of 2020 was employed, in graduate school or otherwise satisfied with their career status within six months of graduation.
- In the past 40+ years, more than 16,000 students have received bachelor’s degrees from BVU sites located on community college campuses.
- The average student-faculty ratio is currently 11:1. The average class range is fewer than 20 students.
- BVU students, faculty and staff volunteered approximately 56,000 service hours for the city, schools, churches, local organizations, and other locations. Volunteers at Buenafication Day help beautify the campus and provide needed services to off-campus, community sites. This proud tradition continues each year.
- Over 70 percent of Storm Lake campus graduates and 90 percent of offsite graduates stay in Iowa to work and contribute to their professions and their communities.
- Last year, 195 students completed internships, not including student teaching, research, or other applied learning opportunities.
- One hundred percent of full-time Storm Lake campus students who applied for financial assistance last year received it.
- Each year, BVU provides approximately $14 million in student financial assistance out of its operating budget.
- More than 45 percent of BVU students participate in intercollegiate athletics on more than 20 collegiate teams. Buena Vista University is a member of the American Rivers Athletic Conference in NCAA Division III.