Education Alumni and Licensure
Undergraduate Teacher Education Graduates
The completion rate (those who both graduated from coursework, including student teaching, and passed the Praxis II) for the 2021-22 academic year
- 100% for Secondary Ed.
- 100% for Elementary Ed.
- 100% for Special Ed.
Professional School Counseling
BVU PSC 2017 Graduate Follow-Up Employment Results as of Nov. 1, 2017
- Middle School Counselor at Sioux City CSD
- School Counselor at AHST
- TRIO Counselor at Ellsworth College
- HLP School Counselor
- Business Teacher/At-Risk Coordinator
- MMCRU School Counselor - Pre-K-4
- At-Risk Counselor at Perry
- Alternative School Counselor in Council Bluffs
- Elementary Counselor at Boone CSD
- Missouri Valley Instructional Teacher
- At-Risk Counselor in Clear Lake
- Middle School Counselor in Vermillion, SD
- Elementary Counselor at Okoboji CSD
- School Counselor at Central City CSD - 6-12
- Middle and High School Case Monitor for YJI in Des Moines
- Counselor in Cedar Rapids
- Elementary Counselor in North Polk
- Counselor for Iowa Virtual Academy
- At-Risk Counselor at Bondurant CSD
- Elementary Counselor at North Liberty
- Elementary Counselor in Estherville
- Middle School School Counselor at Washington CSD
- At-Risk School Counselor in Grinnell
- Academic At-Risk Counselor at Epworth (Western Dubuque) High School
- Elementary Counselor at Corning CSD
- Substituting in Des Moines / seeking Middle School/High School Counselor position
- 6th grade School Counselor in South East Polk
- Middle School Counselor in Keokuk
- Part-time Counselor - K-5
- At-Risk Counselor in Cedar Rapids
In 2017, twenty-nine students graduated from the Professional School Counseling master’s program. (one was a certificate-only student).
- Substituting in Sioux City area
- Behaviorist Support at Fort Dodge Schools
2016 graduate survey (response rate of 89%) taken in May 2016 and updated in October 2017:
- 21 currently employed
- 8 working in a related counseling field in a school setting, e.g. At-Risk Counselor or Interventionist.
- 4 seeking school counseling positions
- 4 no information
Teacher Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction and Exceptional Student Services and Instruction
Students must be active teachers in a classroom setting as part of the application process for both the Curriculum & Instruction and the Exceptional Student Services and Instruction master’s programs. Students are already employed and will use the knowledge they gain to improve their current teaching practices in their current position or a new special education, talented and gifted, or English as a second language position obtained by completing the course work in the program. Some graduates do seek curriculum leader or teacher leader positions.