Looking for a graduate degree in organizational leadership?Click here
Take Me To
Why should I earn an organizational leadership degree?
Your Mind at Work
Use your gift of strategic thinking to plan and lead an organization — and the people who create it — to success.
Build a wide scope of company or nonprofit operations — and gain new insights to make them more efficient and equitable.
You can be prepared for key leadership roles in an organization where you already work.
What Can I Do With an Organizational Leadership Degree
- Team leader
- Program director
Online & Hybrid
Learn Completely Online
Earn your degree at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. With one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
You can earn your Business degree without leaving your community. Hybrid courses combine the benefit of live video instruction with the convenience of online learning. In addition to a weekly class, hybrid students complete their coursework online and receive personalized advisement from local BVU site staff.
Organizational Leadership Major Tracks and Courses
Build skills for a long-term career path while customizing your degree to an relevant area of concentration:
Human Services | Business
- Organizational Leadership Major Courses, with Concentrations
Organizational Leadership Core
- ACCT 310 Accounting for Managers**
- COMM 350 Organizational Communication Theory and Practice
- COMM 355 Conflict Management
- COMM 370 Leadership Communication
- COMM 374 Interviewing
- MGMT 220 Principles of Management
- MGMT 315 Business Law I
- MGMT 380 Social Responsibility of Business
- MRKT 220 Principles of Marketing
Organizational Leadership Human Services Track
- HMSV 301 Human Services in Rural Communities
- HMSV 350 Human Services Programs and Policies
- HMSV 380 Research Methods
3 courses from:
- HMSV 351 Aging in American Society
- HMSV 352 Child and Family Welfare
- HMSV 353 Social Intervention with Families
- PSYC 329 Psychology of Gender
- SOCI 302 Deviant Behavior
- SOCI 355 Gender, Sexuality, Race, and Class: Intersectionality
Organizational Leadership Business Track
- MGMT 320 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 410 Organization Theory
- MRKT 340 Business Marketing
3 courses from:
- MGMT 375 Entrepreneurship/Small Business
- MGMT 390 Sport Management
- MGMT 420 Advanced Human Resource Management
- MGMT 465 Production and Operations Management
- MRKT 355 Consumer Behavior
- MRKT 414 Selling
Transfer to BVU
BVU has transfer agreements with Iowa’s community colleges, helping you get the most out of your hard-earned credits.
Contact an academic advisor at 712.749.1000 to see how your credits will transfer.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We’ll help you figure out your options for financial assistance and possible scholarships.Learn More
Organizational Leadership Faculty
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.See Our Faculty
Transfer Your Credits
Do you have previously earned credits or an associate degree? BVU accepts most — if not all — of your credits so you don’t have to retake courses.View Course Equivalencies
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your special education, teaching English as a second language, or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.
On Campus | Online
Become the numbers expert you’re made to be when you learn to develop, interpret, and communicate data in any organizational setting.
BVU’s applied management major is designed to provide a quicker solution to desired job advancement...
On Campus | Online
With strong foundational classes, BVU’s business major offers concentrations in management, marketing, sports business, ...