Looking for a graduate degree in business?Click here
Take Me To
Why should I earn an applied management degree?
Your Mind at Work
Use your gift of strategic thinking to plan and lead an organization — and the people who create it — to success.
Build a wide scope of company or nonprofit operations — and gain new insights to make them more efficient and equitable.
You can be prepared for key leadership roles in an organization where you already work.
What Can I Do With an Organizational Leadership Degree
- Team leader
- Program director
Online & On Site
Learn Completely Online
Earn your degree at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. With one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
Learn at a BVU Site
You can earn your Business degree without leaving your community. BVU partners with Iowa community colleges throughout the state so you can take classes in person with expert faculty in a supportive environment.
Organizational Leadership Major Tracks and Courses
Build skills for a long-term career path while customizing your degree to an relevant area of concentration:Human Services | Business
- Organizational Leadership Major Courses, with Concentrations
Organizational Leadership Core
- ACCT 310 Accounting for Managers
- COMM 350 Organizational Communication Theory and Practice
- COMM 355 Conflict Management
- COMM 370 Leadership Communication
- COMM 374 Interviewing
- MGMT 306 Principles of Management
- MGMT 315 Business Law I
- MGMT 380 Social Responsibility of Business
- MRKT 306 Principles of Marketing
Organizational Leadership Human Services Track
- HMSV 301 Human Services in Rural Communities
- HMSV 350 Social Welfare Programs and Policies
- HMSV 380 Research Methods
3 courses from:
- HMSV 351 Aging in American Society
- HMSV 352 Child and Family Welfare
- HMSV 353 Social Intervention with Families
- PSYC 329 Psychology of Gender
- SOCI 302 Sociology of Deviant Behavior
- SOCI 355 Intersectionality: Oppression, Privilege and Justice
Organizational Leadership Business Track
- MGMT 320 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 410 Organization Theory
- MRKT 340 Business Marketing
3 courses from:
- MGMT 375 Entrepreneurship/Small Business
- MGMT 390 Sports Management
- MGMT 420 Advanced Human Resource Management
- MGMT 465 Production and Operations Management
- MRKT 355 Consumer Behavior
- MRKT 414 Selling
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We’ll help you figure out your options for financial assistance and possible scholarships.Learn More
Organizational Leadership Faculty
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.See Our Faculty
Transfer Your Credits
Do you have previously earned credits or an associate degree? BVU accepts most — if not all — of your credits so you don’t have to retake courses.Request More Info
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your education, special education, or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.
On Campus | Online
Become the numbers expert you’re made to be when you learn to develop, interpret, and communicate data in any organizational setting.
BVU’s applied management major is designed to provide a quicker solution to desired job advancement...
On Campus | Online
With strong foundational classes, BVU’s business major offers concentrations in management, marketing, sports business, ...