Take Me To
Why should I earn an agricultural business (agribusiness) degree?
Explore a variety of career options with this versatile degree.
From John Deere to your family farm, there is a need for people who have skills in both business and agriculture.
Help manage our earth’s resources by improving the process of growth.
What Can I Do With an Agricultural Business Degree
- Agricultural management
- Agricultural lending
- Agricultural finance
- Commodities trading
Why study agricultural business at BVU?
Ag Programs Scholarship
BVU is not just here to give you an education. BVU is here to help you build something — a better future, a stronger community, a passion for your field — and we aren’t just saying that. BVU’s endowed scholarship is available for students in agriculture.Learn More
Not only does BVU have many agricultural opportunities in the area, but we also have an engaging business department. It is complete with a state-of-the-art trading room designed to help students analyze real-time data, make market-ready decisions, and manage six-figure budgets.
Learn more about our Institute for Agriculture, Food, and Resource Management.Ag Institute
Join a Welcoming Community.
Share Remarkable Experiences.
ZACH ANDERSON, Class of 2018
Zach combined the networking skills he learned in class, provided Zach with the knowledge he needed to begin working in agricultural sales, agricultural real estate, and business. Today, he is a licensed real estate agent with Midwest Land Management and an ag chemical and fertilizer dealer through Wells Ag Supply.
I wanted to work on my family farm and help my dad. But now I’m grateful for the knowledge I gained in both business and agriculture, and the benefits it promises for the future.
Learn Completely Online
Earn your degree at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. With one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
Agricultural Business Courses
- Major in Agricultural Business (59 Credit Hours)
- ACCT 205 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 206 Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 210 Basic Excel Spreadsheets
- AGBU 225 Agricultural Business Management / Farm Business Management
- AGBU 310 Agricultural Marketing, Pricing and Positioning
- AGBU 320 Economics of Agricultural Markets
- AGBU 340 Applied Agricultural Financial Management
- AGBU 465 Agricultural Production and Operations Management or MGMT 465 Production and Operations Management
- AGBU 492 Advanced Agribusiness Management or MGMT 492 Business Policy and Strategy
- AGSC 100 Introduction to Agriculture
- ECON 205 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 206 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FNBK 306 Managerial Finance
- MATH 140 Elementary Applied Statistics
- MGMT 306 Principles of Management
- MGMT 315 Business Law I
- MRKT 306 Principles of Marketing
Electives: Choose Three
- Any AGBU or AGSC courses
- MGMT 375 Entrepreneurship/Small Business
- MRKT 414 Selling
- ACCT 415 Individual Taxation
- ACCT 416 Business Taxation
- FNBK 440 Insurance and Real Estate
Elective courses must be at least 3 credit-hour courses and may not include required courses in the Agricultural Business Major or internship/practicum credits.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We’ll help you figure out your options for financial assistance and possible scholarships.Learn More
Agricultural Business Faculty
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.See Our Faculty
Transfer Your Credits
Do you have previously earned credits or an associate degree? BVU accepts most — if not all — of your credits so you don’t have to retake courses.Request More Info
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your education, special education, or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.
On Campus | Online
Become the numbers expert you’re made to be when you learn to develop, interpret, and communicate data in any organizational setting.
BVU’s agricultural science program prepares students for successful careers in agriculture through concentrations in agronomy and animal science.
On Campus | Online
With strong foundational classes, BVU’s business major offers concentrations in management, marketing, sports business, ...