Storm Lake Campus Students
The BVU Library has made it a priority to provide high quality library resources and services to aid our students. Here are just a few of the services we offer.
- Over 100 databases in a wide array of subject areas that allow researchers to identify scholarly, popular or newspaper articles. Many of these databases also provide links to full-text journal articles.
- BVU Catalog provides the ability to search for the numerous print books, eBooks, and other materials we own. To place a "hold" on an item that is checked out, click the PLACE HOLD button associated with that item.
- Reserve readings for courses are available at the Library Circulation Desk. Check your course syllabus to see if your professor has placed any materials on reserve.
- The Interlibrary Loan service provides an online request service to order books, articles and audio-visual materials that are not available at the BVU Library. Interlibrary Loan provides BVU Library patrons with access to millions of items beyond the BVU Library collection, all available at no cost.
- Formal and informal library instruction sessions targeted to your research needs. We are available to meet with individuals, small groups, or entire classes.
- Personalized research help is available from trained reference librarians who want to see you succeed with your research! Librarians are available in person, over the phone, via chat or by email.
- A Library DIY self-help research guide is available to help you navigate through the research process.
- A variety of comfortable study spaces is available throughout the library.
- Eight small-group studies and a larger seminar room that can accommodate up to 24 people and has projection capability are available. Group study rooms may be reserved by contacting the Library, and the seminar room may be reserved by contacting Events Services 24 hours in advance.
- Public computers are available for use in the library and are fully equipped with all BVU-approved software and networked to campus printers.
- The library blog provides announcements and news of interest to the BVU Community.
- Research Guides can help you with using BVU Library resources to complete your assignments.
- Photocopiers are available.
- We couldn’t stay open more than 60 hours a week without our student employees! If you qualify for work-study and are interested in working at the library, please stop by!