Welcome to your new home away from home. International students from countries all over the world — including Brazil, Ghana, Korea, India, China, Rwanda, and Japan — enroll at BVU. What you create here are the things the world needs to thrive and change. BVU is your destination for an excellent, affordable education, hands-on experience, and personal growth.
Take Me To
Storm Lake, Iowa
Buena Vista University’s campus is located in the heart of the Midwestern United States. Within driving distance from our campus are several metro areas including Des Moines, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Omaha, and Kansas City. A 3,200-acre natural lake directly adjacent to campus is the centerpiece of the community and provides a scenic setting for a service-oriented education and purposeful experiences year-round.
See Programs and MajorsOn Campus, On Site, Online
- How to Apply to Buena Vista University
Admission Requirements for International Students
1. A completed application Apply Here >
2. Official academic records with English translations from every academic institution attended beginning with the first year of secondary school. Records must include date of entry, date of completion, name of certificate/diploma received, dates of examination, and certified copies of supporting documents (marks reports)
3. English proficiency to be verified by the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). An equivalent score from another accredited testing agency may be accepted (IELTS, STEP, MET, etc.). SAT and/or ACT scores will also be accepted. All students are required to complete an English diagnostic upon arrival. Required Score for Full Acceptance: 550 Paper-based, 79 internet-based or 6.0 IELTS. Required Score for Conditional (ESL) Acceptance: 500 PBT, 59 iBT or 5.0 IELTS.
4. A copy of your passport to ensure accuracy in preparing your admission and immigration documents.
5. A certified statement of support and responsibility, with supporting documents from banks and/or sponsoring agencies. Bank statements should include the most recent six months of account activity.
All documentation must be original or a certified/attested copy.
It is very important that you forward all of your documentation prior to the deadline in order to receive admission and immigration documents in a timely manner.
With a 9:1 student-faculty ratio, you will receive the attention you need to be successful in college and in serving your community after graduation.
In 2019, BVU was named on two lists for Best Regional and Best Midwestern universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Between biology, chemistry, and biomedical sciences, BVU’s majors in healthcare will help you make a life of purpose and a world of difference.
Tuition and Financial AidSee Attendance Costs
We Want to Talk to You!
We understand that the idea of attending college internationally can be overwhelming at first, but our admissions staff is ready to answer your questions and make your transition as smooth as possible. We can assist you with any concerns you may have and provide you with resources that allow you to make your college decision easily.
Buena Vista University
610 W. Fourth Street
Storm Lake, IA 50588 USA