Student Success collaborates to support, challenge and empower students as they explore their aspirations, understand their identities, and realize their potential within an inclusive, education-focused environment.
Student Success at Buena Vista University strives to integrate our students' educational experiences into a learning community filled with opportunities, challenges, and services that promote the development of the whole person. Our job is to create an atmosphere where students can thrive within a learning community prepared to live and work in a global and diverse society.
Involvement in activities outside the classroom influence a student’s personal and professional growth as much as the academic experience does by providing opportunities in leadership, service to others and other skill development. Our staff is devoted to providing the programming and services that support education as a social growth process.
The Division of Student Success is comprised of the following departments led by student success professionals dedicated to the success of each and every student. Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Success, the division consists of: Retention and Student Support, Campus Security; Residence Life & Housing; Judicial Affairs; Student Support; Health and Wellness Services; Counseling Services; Center for Diversity & Inclusion; Student Activities; Community Engagement; Campus Ministry; Career & Leadership Development; Recreation Services; BVU Family Association.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to stop by our office or call 712.749.2123.
View current policies, procedures, activities, and requirements for BVU Students.
Staff and Resources
- Lori Berglund: Assistant Vice President for Student Success & Director of Career and Leadership Development
- Mandi Mollring: Assistant Director of Career and Leadership Development
- Maria Pantoja Najera: Administrative Assistant for Career and Leadership Development
- Trevor Berneking: Director of Esports and Intramurals
- Erica Swanson: Assistant Director of Campus Activities & Leadership
- Andrew Brown: Director for Community Engagement
- Tawney Schreier: Program Manager for the Office of Community Engagement
- Lena Gripp: AmeriCorps Civic Engagement Coordinator
- Eric Booth: Director of Residence Life & Housing
- Dee Dee Dusek: Area Coordinator for the Suites and Liberty Hall
- Rylee Walters: Area Coordinator for Pierce, White and Grand Halls
- Theresa Lullman: Student Success Coordinator
- Dr. Melanie Hauser: University Chaplain
- Dr. Anna Formichella: Interim Senior Director for Diversity & Inclusion
- Tami Laursen: Director of Health Services and Wellness
- Lorie Stanton: Campus Nurse & Assistant to Wellness
- Jessica Garling: Director of Campus Security
- Rae Howard: Campus Security Officer
- Erick Wibben: Campus Security Officer
- Anthony Awoleye: Campus Security Officer
- Michael Hallin: Campus Security Officer
- Julie Anderson: Director of Counseling Services