Tuition and fees, room and board fully covered
Scholarship students at Buena Vista University receive 100 percent of tuition and fees paid for by the Army, while room and board is paid for by BVU. Students also receive a living stipend dependent upon their year in college starting at $300 and going up to $500 as a senior.
Students who receive a scholarship or enter the Army ROTC Advanced Course must agree to complete a period of service with the Army.
- You can serve full time in the Army for 3 years (4 years for scholarship winners)
- Selected Cadets may choose to serve part time in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career.
It's an experience that you can't get anywhere else, and your leadership skills will be challenged every day. Contact your campus ROTC for more details on your service commitment.
Enrolling in the Army ROTC Basic Course does NOT involve a commitment of service to the Army unless you have received an ROTC Scholarship.
Apply for a Scholarship
Here is how high school seniors can apply for a four-year Army ROTC scholarship:
- Go to the application at goarmy.com/rotc/scholarships
- Create a "Go Army" account
- Apply before the stated deadline
211 College Ave., Storm Lake
800.383.2821 ext. 1552
BVU Army ROTC on Facebook
Assistant Professor of Military Science (APMS)
CPT Corey Runion
SFC Donavon Speers