Enjoy Lake Life
Outdoor Recreation House
BVU students have their very own rec house right on the shores of Storm Lake. The Outdoor Recreation House is available seven days a week, and students can check out kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, and other lake gear, camping and fishing supplies, lawn games, ice skates, a variety of sports equipment, and more. All equipment is free for students on campus!
Explore the Rec House with Our Virtual Tour
The Rec House is available for student organizations to host events as well as for students to hold their graduation parties. It is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reserve the Rec House
- Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping Pads
- Kayak Paddles
- Kayak Skirts
- Canoe Paddles
- Personal Flotation Devices (life jackets)
- Paddle boats
- Snow Shoes
- Cross Country Ski Sets (Boots Size 37-44; fits 4.5-10 men's and 5.5-11 women's)
- Ice Skates (Size 4-12; fits 5.5-14 shoe size)
- Soccer balls
- Golf Clubs for Lawn Golf
- Hula Hoops
- Disc Golf
- Fishing Poles
- Ice Auger
- Lawn Games (bags, washer toss, ladder golf, kan jam, spike ball)
Picture Yourself Here
With BVU's Rec House, you'll take full advantage of living lakeside in all four seasons. Hear from real students on their favorite activities.
Rec House Policies
Outdoor Recreation Equipment
- Equipment is available only to those individuals who hold a University membership or identification card.
- University Members may bring one (1) guest to use the equipment but must be with the guest at all times.
- Use of the equipment is free and checked out on a first-come, first-served basis
- Reservations for equipment may be made one (1) month in advance by contacting the Director of Recreation Services.
- All checked-out equipment must be returned in its original rented condition: neatly packed, undamaged and complete. There is a $10 fee for unclean equipment per item.
- Failure to return the equipment back on time will result in a $10/day/item charge.
- The Director of Recreation Services has the authority to revoke equipment privileges for individuals who display inappropriate behavior and/or failure to follow the rules.
- This includes canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, paddles, paddle boards, oars, and PFDs.
- The water equipment may only be used during published hours and when a Recreation House Attendant is on duty.
- A Boater Safety Clinic is required for each university member and guest before use of a kayak or canoe. Good for all four years in school or as long as you are employed at BVU.
- Equipment may only be used on Storm Lake.
- Equipment must be returned the same day it was checked out.
- This includes tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, bikes, ice skates, snow shoes, cross-country skies, bean bag toss, volleyball, basketball, football, racquetball, tennis, lawn golf.
- Equipment may be checked out for a 24-hour period.