Take Me To
Why should I earn a health services leadership degree?
The health services leadership major combines a knowledge base in management, psychology, social work, and sociology so you gain a broad understanding of the factors that affect everyday operations of care givers.
Health care is one of today's fastest changing industries — one that needs well-prepared leadership to keep up with changes in technology, insurance, medicine, and patient care.
If you have existing experience in health care as a nurse, or other practitioner, you could move into a management/ leadership role within five years of earning this degree. Internships in the field are advised, but are not required.
What I Can Do With a Health Services Leadership Degree
- Long-term care facilities
- Public health departments
- Governmental agencies
Online & Hybrid
Learn Completely Online
Earn your health services degree at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. With one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
You can earn your health services leadership degree without leaving your community. Hybrid courses combine the benefit of live video instruction with the convenience of online learning. In addition to a weekly class, hybrid students complete their coursework online and receive personalized advisement from local BVU site staff.
Health Services Leadership Courses
Prepare for a to lead and manage in a complex health care landscape, with a concentration track tailored to your goals:
Communication and Behavior | Institutions and Society
- Program Concentrations and Courses
- ACCT 205 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 206 Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 309 Cost Accounting
- ECON 205 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 206 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FNBK 306 Managerial Finance
- FNBK 322 Analysis of Financial Statement
- FNBK 356 Financial Planning
- MGMT 302 Decision Science
- MGMT 315 Business Law I
- MGMT 320 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 375 Entrepreneurship/Small Business
- MGMT 380 Social Responsibility of Business
- MGMT 492 Business Policy and Strategy
- MRKT 220 Principles of Marketing
Health Services Leadership Communication and Behavior Courses (choose 12 credit hours)
- COMM 100 Fundamentals of Communication
- COMM 230 Business and Professional Communication
- COMM 302 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 330 Messages, Meaning, and Society
- COMM 355 Conflict Management
- COMM 370 Leadership Communication
- COMM 374 Interviewing
- DIGI 230 Introduction to Integrated Communications
- ENGL 300 Advanced Composition
- ENGL 450 Business and Technical Writing
- MRKT 355 Consumer Behavior
- PSYC 329 Psychology of Gender
- STPR 230 Public Relations Strategies
Health Services Leadership Institutions and Society Courses (choose 12 credit hours)
- ARTD 304 Critical Issues in Modern and Contemporary Art
- ENGL 250 American Literature
- ENVS 103 Introduction to Environmental Science
- ENVS 201 Conservation Ecology
- ENVS 312 Environmental Chemistry
- HIST 311 Problems in World History: The Vietnam Wars
- HIST 358 Women Around the World
- HIST 390 America and the World War
- HIST 397 Recent American History
- HMSV 351 Aging in American Society
- PSCN 465 Civil Liberties
- PSPA 320 State and Local Politics
- PSPA 360 Introduction to Public Affairs
- PSYC 364 Industrial Psychology
- PHIL 336 Professional Ethics
- SOCI 302 Deviant Behavior
- SCWK 355 Intersectionality: Oppression, Privilege, and Justice
- SCWK 255 Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
- THME 411 Dramatic Literature: Survey
Transfer to BVU
BVU has transfer agreements with Iowa’s community colleges, helping you get the most out of your hard-earned credits.
Contact an academic advisor at 712.749.1000 to see how your credits will transfer.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We’ll help you figure out your options for financial assistance and possible scholarships.Learn More
Health Services Leadership Faculty
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.Learn More
Transfer Your Credits
Do you have previously earned credits or an associate degree? BVU accepts most — if not all — of your credits so you don’t have to retake courses.View Course Equivalencies
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your special education, teaching English as a second language, or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.
BVU’s applied management major is designed to provide a quicker solution to desired job advancement...