Looking for a graduate degree in business?Click here
Take Me To
Why should I earn an applied management degree?
The number of business and finance jobs is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026 — faster than average.
Earn your bachelor’s and start advancing without taking extra courses.
On average, those with bachelor’s degrees make around 30% more than those with just an associate degree. (US Bureau of Labor, 2018)
What Can I Do With an Applied Management Degree
- Agricultural business/technology
- Sustainable energy/renewable energy
- Hospitality management
- Industrial technology
- Wellness, exercise science and leisure services
- Social and digital media communications
Online & On Site
Learn Completely Online
Earn your degree at your convenience with our easy-to-access, fully online curriculum. With one click, you can view assignments and grades, set up appointments with specialized tutors around the clock, access the student lounge, engage in group discussions, or contact professors. Get the BVU experience on your schedule, wherever you are.
Applied Management Courses
BASc Core (22-23 credit hours)
- OBVU 200 Transfer Seminar
- OBVU 301 Art and Culture
- COMM 355 Conflict Management
- ENGL 100 Written Communication I
- ENGL 305 Writing for Work
- IDST 400 Challenges for the 21st Century
- MATH 130 Mathematical Ideas for the Liberal Arts or MATH 140 Elementary Applied Statistics
- PHIL 336 Professional Ethics
If an equivalent course was taken at the AAS level, it may be replaced with any BVU course as agreed with the advisor.
- ACCT 310 Accounting for Managers
- COMM 370 Leadership Communication
- ECON 206 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FNBK 310 Finance for Managers
- MGMT 306 Principles of Management
- MGMT 315 Business Law I
- MGMT 320 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 380 Social Responsibility of Business
- MGMT 410 Organization Theory
- BASC 492 BASc Applied Management Capstone
- BASC 495 BASc Internship
- COMM 302 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 374 Interviewing
- ENVS 315 Environmental Policy and Regulation
- GENS 320 Physical Geography
- MGMT 420 Advanced Human Resource Management
- MRKT 306 Principles of Marketing
- MRKT 340 Business Marketing
- PSPA 360 Introduction to Public Affairs
- PSPA 380 Administrative Agencies
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We’ll help you figure out your options for financial assistance and possible scholarships.Learn More
Our instructors are committed to helping you build the future in Iowa and beyond.See Our Faculty
Transfer Your Credits
Do you have previously earned credits or an associate degree? BVU accepts most if not all — of your credits so you don’t have to retake courses.Request More Info
Earn a Master’s Degree Faster with Our Accelerated Program
With BVU's Plus One program, you can earn your education, special education, or organizational leadership master's within one year of graduating with your bachelor’s degree.
On Campus | Online
Become the numbers expert you’re made to be when you learn to develop, interpret, and communicate data in any organizational setting.
On Campus | Online
With strong foundational classes, BVU’s business major offers concentrations in management, marketing, sports business, ...