Party Reservation Policy
Definition of a Party: A gathering in a room/suite in which the occupants present equal or exceed 3 times the number of residents of that room when alcohol is also present.
- A total of 15 in a 5/6 person suite (maximum occupants not to exceed 25)
- A total of 6 in a 2 person room (maximum occupants not to exceed 8)
- A total of 3 in a 1 person room (maximum occupants not to exceed 5)
- All gatherings with alcohol present which meet the definition of a party must have a reservation.
- The host must be a resident of the room and of legal drinking age in the State of Iowa; this means 21 years of age before the date of the registered party. The host must be present throughout the party.
- No parties may be advertised in any way (this includes online postings). A fee may not be charged for those attending.
- Those arriving in an intoxicated condition, even if of legal age, must be denied entrance.
- Underage persons in possession of alcohol, or found to be consuming it (or who are intoxicated), as well as the room host who permitted the violation will be cited for violation of the Code of Student Conduct.
- No party reservations will be granted from Sunday through Thursday unless special permission is granted through the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students.
- The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to limit the number of party reservations granted for any particular night.
- All parties must stop serving alcohol at 12:00 a.m. and all noise must be consistent with quiet hours by 12:00 a.m.
- All hosts must adhere to the host responsibilities listed in the Party Reservation Form.
- The host(s) must provide alternative, non-alcoholic beverages in equitable quantities of the alcohol. These non-alcoholic beverages must also be proportional to the number of underage guests. If the supply of non-alcoholic beverages is exhausted at any time during the event, the serving of alcoholic beverages must also be terminated until more non-alcoholic beverages can be obtained. A running water tap does not constitute a non-alcoholic beverage supply.
- Reservations must be submitted no later than Friday at 12:00 p.m. of the respective weekend. Reservations may be placed beginning on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. of the respective weekend (unless otherwise determined by the Office of Residence Life).
- Approved parties may only begin at 6:00 p.m. or after on the night for which they are approved. The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to deny or modify a party reservation.
- A party reservation is not approved until e-mail confirmation is received from the Office of Residence Life to the hosts through their BVU email accounts.