In celebration of continuing family tradition, Buena Vista University has introduced the Legacy Scholarship. This is award is or any student beginning BVU enrollment, who has a parent or grandparent with a degree from BVU.
The awarded scholarship amount is $1,000 per year, up to two years.
Features and Benefits
Buena Vista University will award up to $40,000 in scholarships annually across all BVU undergraduate sites and online programs. Eligible full-time students will be considered to receive a scholarship in the amount of $200 per term for a total of 8 terms with a maximum award of $1600 per student.
Download Phi Theta Kappa Application
- Submit a complete scholarship application. Applications must be received prior to the term start date.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended must be received and official evaluation of all transcripts must be completed by the end of the applicant’s first semester or the award will be rescinded.
- Students who have earned a previous bachelor’s degree and international students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Be a member in good standing of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society at the time of their community college enrollment and submit documentation of that membership. This application contains a section for verification from the chapter advisor or community college Registrar.
- Applicants must have graduated with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Studies, Associate of Professional Studies or Associate of Applied Arts degree.
Renewal Process and CGPA Requirement
- PTK recipients will automatically be considered for renewal for the next consecutive academic year.
- PTK recipients must maintain a BVU cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
A student’s BVU cumulative GPA will be checked by the Online, Site and Graduate programs coordinator after grades have posted for Term 4. Those students who do not have a 3.0 BVU CGPA following Term 4 will be given Term 5 to bring their BVU CGPA back to a 3.0 and they will be allowed to keep the scholarship during Terms 5 and 6. If the BVU CGPA is not restored by the end of Term 5, a student’s financial aid award letter for Term 1 will be adjusted removing the scholarship and the student will not be eligible for future PTK Scholarship funds.
- Applications will be reviewed continuously throughout the academic year for upcoming terms.
- Awards will be made on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis until the funds are expended.
Scholarship Search Engines
Numerous scholarship opportunities can be found using these scholarship search engines. Awarding criteria, award amounts and deadlines vary by scholarship.
More Unusual Scholarships