Scheduling an Appointment
Counseling sessions are available through telehealth. Appointments can be made by contacting Counseling Services Director Julie Anderson.
Download a list of Area Mental Health Resources.
COVID-19 and Trauma Response
Our society is living through a collective traumatic experience. Find helpful information, support, and resources for coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emergency Mental Health Assistance
If you need emergency mental health assistance, please use one or more of the following resources:
- Call 911
- In a situation of imminent harm, call or have a family member or friend call your local Hospital Emergency Department. Procedures for accessing emergency mental health care during COVID-19 may vary geographically.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800.273.8255
- Text the Crisis Text Line by texting START to 741741
Specialty Helplines (some organizations also provide text or online chat features):
- Call the Centers Against Abuse and Sexual Assault (CAASA) at 877.362.4612
- Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800.799-SAFE (7233)
- Call the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673)
- Call the Trevor Project LGBTQ Crisis Hotline at 866.488.7386
- Call the Trans Lifeline at 877.565.8860
- Call the National Drug Helpline at 844.289.0879 (drug or alcohol addiction)
- Call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) at 800.662.HELP (4357)
Julie Anderson, MA
Director of Counseling Services
Office for Student Success
Phone: call Student Success at 712.749.2123. If you are directed to voicemail, press 1 on your keypad to access the voicemail for the Director of Counseling Services.