Being a part of the College AmeriCorps Program is a special honor at BVU. We currently have 26 AmeriCorps members in action. Students are selected to be apart of the program through an application and interview process during the fall semester. For more information please contact the Director of Community Engagement, Dr. Ashley Farmer Hanson at email@example.com
AmeriCorps State Information
Frequently Asked Questions
What is AmeriCorps?
An opportunity to volunteer on and off campus in a variety of ways! The program was started in 1993, over 500,000 AmeriCorps Members have volunteered with local, state, and national non-profit agencies. Those serving in AmeriCorps provide needed assistance to millions of Americans to meet critical needs in: Education, Public Safety, Health, Homeland Security, and the Environment.
What are the benefits?
Not only do volunteers who complete the program receive leadership, communication, disaster/ emergency, and many other trainings. The students are awarded with $1,132 or $1,415 education stipend upon completion!
How can I get involved?
Contact the Director of Community Engagement, Dr. Ashley Farmer-Hanson.
- Knowledge of disaster relief management and response
- Understanding of State and National AmeriCorps along with other branches of AmeriCorps VISTA and NCCC
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a community partner assessment
- Demonstrates the ability to create and implement a service plan
- Demonstrates the ability to actively reflect on service completed and impact
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and report impact
- Knowledge of local community
- Identify leadership & career related skills developed and how they transfer to life after BVU.
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Develop a range of leadership skills and abilities such as effectively leading change, resolving conflict, and motivating others