Main | Rules |Submit Entry |2012 Winners
2013 Show Us Your Stuff Contest
Complete Rules and Guidelines
Who can enter?
Anyone in the surrounding area of Storm Lake can submit an item! There is no age limit either. So, if you think you can show up one of your classmates or coworkers in a good ol’ battle of technology, duke it out here!
When's the deadline?
April 26th, 2013 at 11:59 P.M.
When will the winners be announced?
May 3rd, 2013
What are my tools?
Any of the technology put in front of you. You can use any Adobe Software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.) on your laptop, an iPad, or any other applicable software that is available at your fingertips!
What are the categories?
You can enter in any kind of medium with almost any kind of content! The categories include: static, multimedia, and iPad.
Static: Anything that is "static" or still. Think of digitally enhanced photography or graphic design (advertisement posters or digitally painted artwork) as examples for this category.
Multimedia: Have you made a music video, flash animation, or an audio slideshow? Maybe you have even recorded a song with super cool beats? This would be a perfect fit for all of you video/audio dreams! Any multimedia submission must be five minutes or less.
iPad: Now this is where creativity takes form! If you have an iPad and want to show the world (or at least NW Iowa) what you can do with such an advanced piece of technology, go ahead and show us! Anything you create ON the iPad can be entered into this category.
What can't I do?
- Whatever you do, do not use copyrighted material! Anything containing copyrighted material will be thrown out. Oh, and plagiarism? Yeah, we're against that also; so don't do that either! This is your chance for you to shine! Make everything your own.
- If you can't figure out whether or not you are violating any copyright laws/rules, check out http://www.bvu.edu/library/services/faculty_copyright.dot or email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers and advice.
- If you need additional materials as part of your project (music, photos, etc.) you can find several places that give you limited permission such as http://www.creativecommons.org and http://www.morguefile.com.
- Items cannot be "double-listed." You cannot submit the same item into more than one category.
What are some things that I should know?
- Remember, since these submissions will be visible online, let's keep it appropriate!
- You can enter into all three categories if you wish, but you can only WIN once.
- You can also enter as a group - three people max. However, that will count as your one submission in that category.