Students in the Teacher Education Program use LiveText for uploading Key Assignments, managing personal files, and creating electronic portfolios. An active subscription to LiveText is a requirement for courses that comprise the professional education curriculum. Any student wishing to pursue education licensure, and currently enrolled in an education course requiring a LiveText account/key assignment, will be required to register for a LiveText account. Starting Fall 2014, all new students will automatically receive an e-mail containing a personal key code which can be used to register your membership.
Student Membership: Field Experience Edition
- Unlimited digital storage accessible via the web (which eliminates the need to purchase external jump drives). This personal file manager allows users to upload and manage external files (such as MS Office, PDF, videos, pictures, and text documents) and includes labeling capabilities to make document management easy.
- Ability to create professional electronic portfolios that can be easily shared. A guide is available to provide guidance on developing your own e-portfolio.
- Ability to submit major assignments and receive feedback electronically.
- Resources, including a rubric maker, searchable standards, assignment templates, and more.
LiveText and the BVU Teacher Education Program
- The LiveText Syllabus Supplement outlines all courses and field experiences that require a LiveText account. Courses listed require a Key Assignment to be uploaded and scored. Field Experiences currently consist of midterm and final evaluations related to the experience.
Purchasing a LiveText Account
LiveText accounts can be purchased through Lehnus Campus Bookstore or directly online at www.livetext.com/misk5/c1/activate. Certain BVU sites also have local bookstores that sell LiveText accounts. Please check with your site Education Coordinator for more information.
- If a LiveText account is purchased through a bookstore, the account key code will need to be registered - Registration Instructions.
- If a LiveText account is purchased from the LiveText website, the registration takes place automatically - LiveText Website Purchase Instructions.
The Field Experience Edition is the preferred account for students to purchase. If a student has purchased a Standard Edition account, the student will need to add the Field Experience Module prior to the start of their student teaching placement- FEM Purchase Instructions.
ePortfolios & LiveText
- One of the added benefits of purchasing a LiveText account is the ability to create dynamic e-portfolios. E-portfolios can showcase your skills as an educator by sharing documents, photos, and videos. The following guide can provide step by step instructions to create your own e-portfolio and share with potential employers. Link to LiveText's e-portfolio guide.
Need Assistance? Contact Leah Schimmer, Teacher Education Data and Assessment Manager, Email - email@example.com, Phone - 712.749.2156.