Programs and Service
Buena Vista University encourages all community members to be responsible for their own safety and the security of others.
In addition to regular foot and vehicle patrols and 24-hour availability, Campus Security offers these services to assist students, faculty and staff:
- 24-Hour Escort Service: We provide this service to anyone who wishes to be escorted anywhere on campus 24 hours a day.
- Medical Transportation: We provide transportation to medical clinics to people who do not have transportation in non-emergency issues.
- Vehicle Assistance Program: We provide assistance in starting vehicles, opening locked doors, and flat tires.
- Transportation for Visitors With Limited Mobility: We provide shuttle transportation to visitors and attendees of BVU campus events who require special assistance.
For participation in one of these programs, please contact Campus Security at 712.749.2500.
On a regular basis, BVU provides programs designed to educate the community on issues such as:
- Crime Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Personal Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention
To schedule a program, contact Campus Security at 712.749.2500.