Guests and Events
To promote the health and safety of our students, Buena Vista University has introduced additional safety protocols regarding guests and university events.
Take me to:
Guests on Campus
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, BVU will not permit guests or visitors on campus. A "guest" is considered any non-resident of BVU, or those not working or taking classes on campus.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- External rentals
- External speakers, trainers, lecturers for faculty and staff development or student programming
- Local partners from Buena Vista County, such as community engagement partners, faith-based organizations, food vendors, etc.
- Family and friends of students
- Overnight visitors and daytime visits are not permitted in the residence halls.
- Family and friends of employees are not permitted anywhere on campus.
Note: BVU students may visit other students in their residence halls, as long as they follow residence hall guest policy, while maintaining physical distancing and safety guidelines.
Athletics and Athletic Facilities
- A spectator capacity policy for all venues will be established at a later date.
- The swimming pool and indoor and outdoor tracks are closed to the public.
- External contractors for work-related projects on campus must register with Facilities and Maintenance and follow safety protocol.
- Any employees who have a visitor coming to campus must first obtain approval from a director, dean, or vice president and complete a form with Event Services upon the guest's arrival. Only essential visitors such as contractors, media, or scheduled admissions visits are allowed at this time.
Campus programming and student organization engagement will be planned in ways that accommodate all students. In-person programming will abide by safety guidelines, and when applicable, complemented with live simulcast or video-recording for students that cannot attend due to attendance restrictions. Outdoor event spaces will be utilized as needed for events to have proper physical distancing and/or virtual event watch areas. Student groups are encouraged to continue their student involvement opportunities while following safety guidelines. Intramural sports and e-sports will be conducted with adherence to local, state, and national guidelines, or virtually when applicable.
Learn more about safety practices and protocol implemented by Buena Vista University.