"The Dean's Fellows program is one of the outstanding groups that I was fortunate enough to be a part of. The adventures of the Dean’s Fellows program not only enhances one's growth as an individual, but also allocates enjoyable experiences that add to one's journey as a member of the BVU family."
The Dean's Fellows Program is an opportunity for students who meet the academic criteria to enjoy additional academic and social benefits while attending Buena Vista University. Besides all of the perks, simply being recognized as a Dean's Fellow carries high prestige that goes beyond BVU.
The Dean's Fellows designation is renewable for all four years as long as the student maintains the cumulative GPA criteria. Students must also be engaged citizens in the program and participate in campus life and activities.
Only students who attend Buena Vista University right out of high school can become Dean's Fellows. Dean’s will select based on leadership experience and potential. Each school dean selects up to 6 students to be Dean’s leadership fellows each year that meet the following criteria:
- ACT composite of 24-27 (SAT combined of 1160-1290).
- 1 of the following two conditions: HS GPA 3.5 or higher or top 20% of the graduating class.
- Personalized mentorship by one of the academic deans.
- $1,000 for professional development (travel, internship support, book expenses, decided in collaboration with the dean) during your time on campus.
- Exclusive Dean’s Fellows Leadership programming opportunities
Experiential Learning Opportunities
A valuable global experience
Dean's Fellows receive a $1000 travel stipend to be used for credit-bearing travel or internship experience of their choosing. A few of the many locations include:
- Costa Rica
- South Africa