Parents and Guests
We are excited to welcome you to campus as we celebrate the achievements of your Buena Vista University graduate.
Baccalaureate and Commencement: May 25, 2019
Graduates are invited to sit with their family and friends at the service. Academic apparel will not be worn at this service.
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Commencement Brunch Buffet
Dows Grand Ballroom, Harold Walter Siebens Forum. Watch for details coming soon.
Graduates must be in Schaller Memorial Chapel for line-up no later than 1:30 p.m.
The Commencement procession will begin to move through the Victory Arch and enter Siebens Fieldhouse at 2:30 p.m.
Immediately following Commencement
All guests, faculty and staff are invited to relax and celebrate with the graduates and their families on the east lawn of Siebens Fieldhouse. In case of inclement weather, the reception will be held in the Lamberti Recreation Center. Sponsored by the National Alumni Association.
Tickets for Commencement ceremony
Tickets of admission are required for the 2:30 p.m. Commencement ceremony.
- Each graduate will be entitled to six free tickets for seating in the Siebens Fieldhouse.
- Those without a ticket for the Fieldhouse may view the procession and ceremony in Anderson Auditorium located in the Harold Walter Siebens School of Business/Siebens Forum. The auditorium is a comfortable, air-conditioned, and is a convenient place to view the Commencement ceremonies for those with health concerns and the elderly as well.
- Any tickets which have not been claimed by 12:45 p.m. on Commencement day will be distributed at 1 p.m. in Siebens Fieldhouse.
- The Siebens Fieldhouse doors will open at 1 p.m. on Saturday for those who have tickets for the Commencement ceremony. There is no reserved seating in Siebens Fieldhouse. The graduation procession will be broadcast to the Siebens Fieldhouse for those who wish to view it from their seat in the Fieldhouse.
- The Commencement ceremony at BVU can be viewed live on the BVU web site by clicking on the 2019 Commencement link beginning at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Saturday, May 25, 2019.
Seating and Special Accommodations
- Guests unable to access the bleacher seating in the Siebens Fieldhouse can request seating on the floor when they arrive at the Fieldhouse. One additional person will be allowed to accompany the person who requests seating in this area.
- The parking lot north of the Siebens Fieldhouse (parking lot B on the campus map) will be reserved for additional handicap and special needs parking. Use Early Street to access this parking lot. Shuttle service will be available in this area for guests who need assistance. Handicap parking is also available at other locations on campus, with limited shuttle service.
Professional Photographs, Recordings, and Flowers
Because your proud moment will be captured by professional photographers, we would prefer that personal photos be taken before and after, but not during the ceremony. There is no obligation to purchase.
Lifetouch Special Events Photography is pleased to provide this complimentary service for each graduate who crosses the dais during the commencement ceremony.
Go to https://events.lifetouch.com/bvu for information about commencement photographs. Any questions can be addressed to email@example.com, 800.505.9496 (Monday-Friday from 7-5 p.m. CST), or via http://events.lifetouch.com/about/contactus.aspx.
If a valid e-mail address is available to the photographer, a link to commencement photograph proofs will also be sent to participating graduates via e-mail.
Please do not contact the school with inquiries related to photographic services.
Video recordings of the Commencement ceremony and Baccalaureate service will be available for purchase from the University. Details to come!
Grad Flowers will offer flowers for sale prior to the Commencement ceremony in front of the Siebens Fieldhouse starting at approximately 1 p.m. In the event of rain, flowers will be available in the lobby of Siebens Fieldhouse.