Buena Vista University’s Board of Trustees has named Dr. Joshua D. Merchant as its new president, succeeding Frederick V. Moore, who is stepping down from the position after 22 years. Merchant will assume the role of BVU president on July 1, 2017.
In selecting Merchant, BVU established a 12-member presidential search committee, including Board of Trustees, faculty, student and staff representation from various facets of the institution. We invite you to learn more about our search process.
The presidential search committee is comprised of 12 members, representing BVU trustees, faculty, staff and students. Committee members...
News & Updates
- Feb. 20, 2017: Dr. Joshua Merchant named Buena Vista University President
- Feb. 6, 2017: Search Process Update
- Jan. 26, 2017: Candidates to Visit Campus for Additional Interviews
- Oct. 10, 2016: Buena Vista University Announces Timeline, Committee for Presidential Search
- Sept. 1, 2016: Moore to Resign Following More than Two Decades as BVU President