Oct. 10, 2016
The Buena Vista University Board of Trustees has begun the search for a successor to President Fred Moore, who will step down following 22 successful years of leading the institution. It is anticipated that the next president will tentatively begin their duties on July 1, 2017.
The Board of Trustees and presidential search committee, led by AGB Search, LLC, are currently inviting nominations and applications from persons who will provide exceptional and distinguished leadership. To provide the leadership required to enhance the University's academic programs, it will be important that the next President have an informed commitment to the ideals of a liberal arts and professional education, the ability to articulate those ideals persuasively and a principled view of the world and the confidence to make decisions, in part, founded upon those principles.
The search committee and AGB will determine criteria for candidate evaluation in late October, followed by initial committee application screenings in early December. Off-campus interviews will be conducted mid-December through mid-January, with finalist interviews set to be held on campus in early February. The committee will invite the final three candidates to campus to conduct interviews in March.
The search committee members include:
- Katelyn Brinkerhoff, Current BVU student and student senate chair
- Doug Clausen, BVU trustee
- Kitty Conover, BVU trustee
- Ken Converse, BVU vice president for institutional advancement
- Becki Drahota, BVU trustee
- Jim Haahr, BVU trustee
- Brian Lenzmeier, BVU professor of biology
- Mary Mello-Nee, BVU associate professor of art and faculty senate chair
- Cordell Peterson, BVU trustee
- Jill Rhea, BVU dean of Online, Site and Graduate programs
- Quentin Wittrock, BVU trustee
- Norm Nielsen- BVU trustee and search committee chair
Assisting the search is Dr. Jamie Ferrare, managing principal of AGB Search, LLC.