We welcome students and faculty from the Storm Lake campus of Iowa Central Community College to use our building, collection and services. Please present your ICCC identification card at the Library Circulation Desk so that we can add you to the patron database. If you just need to use our computers, stop by the Circulation Desk to sign in and get the password of the day. Here are just a few of the services we offer.
- Over 60 databases in a wide array of subject areas that allow researchers to identify scholarly, popular or newspaper articles. Many of these databases also provide links to full-text journal articles.
- BVU Catalog provides the ability to search for the nearly 150,000 books and other materials we own. To place a "hold" on an item that is checked out, click the REQUEST button associated with that item.
- The ICCC Nursing Collection, made up of textbooks and nursing journals, is available on the second floor of the library.
- The ILLiad interlibrary loan service provides an online request service to order books, articles and audio-visual materials that are not available at the BVU Library. ILLiad provides BVU Library patrons with access to millions of items beyond the BVU Library collection, all available at no cost.
- Personalized research help is available from trained reference librarians who want to see you succeed with your research! Librarians are available in person, over the phone, via chat or by email.
- Formal and informal library instruction sessions targeted to your research needs. We are available to meet with individuals, small groups, or entire classes.
- A variety of comfortable study spaces is available throughout the library.
- Timely book displays and a new book browsing areas show off our collections.
- Public computers scattered throughout the library are fully equipped with all BVU-approved software and networked to campus printers.
- Multiple viewing stations are available to play audio-visual materials.
- Library blog provides announcements and news of interest to the BVU Community.
- Photocopiers are available. Copies cost 10 cents per page.
- A fax is available for sending or receiving documents. Outgoing domestic faxes cost $1 per page.