Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction: Overview
BVU offers three tracks in an online Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree program for working teachers seeking to advance their career in the classroom. Students in our program for adult learners can achieve their Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction through our online master’s in education programs.
Emphasis in Effective Teaching and Instructional Leadership
- Equips you with the skills necessary to serve as an instructional leader among your peers
- Gives you the knowledge necessary for data driven leadership
- Enables you to put your learning into practice in the classroom right away
*BVU also offers the Emphasis in Effective Teaching and Instructional Leadership track in a weekend-based, face-to-face format. Meetings will be held at BVU's Graduate & Professional Studies location in Council Bluffs.
Learn more about the learning community format
Emphasis in Talented and Gifted Education
- Equips you with the knowledge base for effectively serving learners who have been identified as talented and gifted
- Prepares you with best practice models of teaching talented and gifted learners
- Gives you the knowledge and skills to serve administrate and supervise talented and gifted program
Emphasis in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Prepares you to teach English as a second language in both public and private K-12 educational settings
- Gives you knowledge of second language acquisition, assessment procedures, and techniques
- Designed to allow you to effectively address the academic and social challenges presented by an increasingly diverse population of students.
You can begin advancing your career today with a master’s degree in education at Buena Vista University. Our Master of Education can equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to take the next step in academia, in Iowa and beyond. Because classes are online, anytime is the perfect time to complete your master’s in teaching. There is no need to put off earning your Master of Education in Iowa any longer.