Welcome to the Human Resources site for Buena Vista University. Please take advantage of the many features of our site.
Find the latest job openings from BVU. The listing includes Faculty, Staff, Adjunct Faculty, and Student openings.
Get the most up-to-date listing of BVU employee benefits.
Monday, March 27th is student payroll cut-off at 5 pm. Please review your timecard and make sure there are no missing punches. Paper timesheets need to be turned in by 5pm. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa at ext. 2052.
Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni are encouraged to nominate candidates for the 20th Annual Education for Service Award, to be presented at the Recognition Dinner on Friday, May 26th. To receive this annual outstanding service award established by John & Connie Klockentager for BVU staff members, an individual must be an excellent service role model for all employees at Buena Vista University. John Klockentager was the former Vice President for Enrollment & University Communications for 12 years, 1986-1998.
Criteria for a nominee include the following and should be considered when nominating a candidate:
• Helpful, friendly, caring person and strong role model for students, staff and faculty
• Strong leadership qualities
• Shown significant improvements in the quality of service, work or a process
• Goes above and beyond with service and assistance to students, fellow employees and other constituents
• Helps establish more efficient processes for students and the University
• Job performance is above and beyond expectations
• Nominee demonstrates the mission of the University
To nominate an individual please go to the following link www.bvu.edu/educationforservice and submit an online nomination by answering the following items:
1) Explain and give examples of how the nominee goes above and beyond with service and assistance to students, fellow employees and other constituents.
2) Explain and give examples of how the nominee established more efficient processes for students and the University.
3) Give examples of the nominee’s strong leadership qualities.
4) Explain how the nominee demonstrates the mission of the University; “We develop students for lifelong success through innovative and imaginative academic and professional preparation”.
5) Provide any additional information on why your nominee should be chosen as the next recipient for the Education for Service Award.
All nominations are due by Friday, March 31, 2017. All nomination forms are confidential. Recipient will receive a stipend to be used for his/her professional development, lapel pin or pendant and a framed certificate.