TLTC ANGEL Course Mail
Reading Course Mail
- To access the course mail tools, click the Communication tab (or click the link in the Map).
- Under the Course Mail section, click the View Inbox link.
- You will be taken to your Inbox, where your messages will be listed.
- To read a message, click on its subject or sender name.
Unread messages will be bold. Once inside the mail message, you can:
- View or download attachments.
- Use the buttons provided to deal with the message: Reply, Forward, Delete, etc.
- Read the rest of your mail by using the Next and Previous buttons.
- Return to your Inbox by clicking the Return to Inbox link.
If a message has an attachment, a floppy paper clip (image) icon will be shown next to its subject line in the inbox.
- Open the message, either by clicking on its sender name or subject line.
- The attachments will be listed below the message as clickable links.
- Right–click the attachment file name and choose Save Link As.
- You may then choose where to save the file on your computer.
Sending Course Mail
Sending course mail can be done one of two ways:
- Composing new mail
- Replying to or forwarding existing mail
Compose New Mail
- Click the Communication tab.
- Under the Course Mail section, click the Quick Message link or click the View Inbox link and then the Compose button.)
- To select the appropriate recipient(s) click the To button.
- This will take you to the Select Message Recipients window. In the Quick Search section of the recipients window, there will be three sections of users: Groups,Teams,and All Members.
- In the Groups section, there are three options: All course faculty (all faculty that are enroll in the course), All course individuals (all faculty and students that are enroll in the course), and All course students (students that are enroll in the course).
- In the Teams section, if the professor has created teams within the course you should see a list of these specific teams.
- In the All Members section, you will see a list of everyone who is in the course (faculty and students).
- You should also note that in the View Section dropdown menu at the top of the window, you can choose from this list to filter down to any of your particular courses that you are the instructor of, rather than just one course.
- To choose recipients, put a check in the checkbox next to the name/group/team and press the To->button to add them to the recipients list on the right.
- You can also carbon copy (cc) or blind copy (bcc) users of your choice
- When you are finished, press OK. You should see the selected users show up in the To box in the compose window.
- If you wish to remove a recipient from the list before you send it, simply highlight their name in the To section and press the Remove Selected Recipients.
- Give the message an appropriate, descriptive Subject.
- Then type your Message in the textbox provided.
Replying to or forwarding mail
- To reply to email simply click on the message to open it, then press the Reply button in the top-right corner of the mail message and follow the steps above.
- Forwarding messages can be done in the same manner.
- Open the appropriate mail message and click the Forward button in the top-right corner of the mail message and follow the steps above
- If you need to attach a document, click the Attach files link under the Attachments section.
- In the window that pops up, click the Select button and locate the file you want to attach.
- Then click the Upload button and your file name will be listed in under the Attachments section.
- If you need to delete one of the files, click the Remove link next to the appropriate file in the Attachments section.
- Once you have finished uploading all the necessary files, click the Finished button.
- After you have finished typing your mail message and uploading files, click the Send button.
Status of Messages: You can see who has or hasn't read an email sent through ANGEL.
- Click the View Inbox link.
- Click the Sent link on the left side under "Systems Folder" area.
- Find the email in the list and check the box next to it.
- In the "Action" drop-down menu at the top select Message Read By
- Click the Go button.
- In the new window, you can click the + to expand the list to see who has read the message.
- You can also change the drop-down menu to see those who "have not" read the message and then click the Refresh button.
Note: If you are enrolled in multiple courses, or if you are teaching multiple courses, you can choose which course roster you wish to have listed by selecting the appropriate course Under the View Section dropdown list. This will bring up the list of groups and individual enrolled in that course so you can select the appropriate recipients.
Note: ANGEL contains an internal mail system that is course specific. This means that each online course you take will have its own mail box. This makes it easy to email instructors and classmates without memorizing or looking up any email addresses and without ever leaving ANGEL!