ANGEL Video Everywhere
Video Everywhere is a tool in ANGEL that integrates with YouTube, allowing you to seamlessly record and add video to a course/assignment/email/etc.
You have access to Video Everywhere any place in ANGEL where you see the WYSIWYG toolbar (see image below), such as writing a mail message, submitting something to a drop box, posting in a discussion forum, etc.
Before you start recording, there are a couple steps you'll want to take to make the process smoother.
- Make sure your webcam and microphone are plugged in and ready. If you have a built-in webcam and mic, they should automatically be ready to go.
- Close any other programs that might be using the webcam (e.g., Skype, Google Hangout, Facetime).
- If you do not have a YouTube/Google account, create one. If you do already have a YouTube/Google account, log into that account (then you won't have to log in later when you're ready to upload your video).
After following the steps above, when you're ready to record your video follow these steps.
- Click the Video Everywhere webcam icon on the Message toolbar (it looks like a webcam and is located between the Google G and the equation icon; when you hover over it, the tooltip "YouTubeUpload" will pop up).
- Note: If you don't see the icon, clear your history/cache and restart your browser. If you don't see any icons in the Toolbar area above the textbox, try updating your browser or using a different browser (some old browsers are not supported by ANGEL).
- Type a short, descriptive Title (e.g., your name and "Seminar Oral Critique"). Then click the Ready button. Adobe Flash Player settings may pop up; select Allow, Remember, then Close.
- Click the Record from webcam button in the center.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Google/YouTube account or create a new one. Once you're logged in, you may have to click the Record from webcam button again.
- You should see yourself in the video area. Click the Start recording button at the bottom, then click OK.
- Begin recording your critique. Make sure you say your name at the beginning so your instructor knows who you are. You'll see the timer count up. When you're finished, click the Stop recording button.
- You can watch your video, and if you're unhappy with it click the Start over button. Otherwise click the Upload button.
- Your video will be uploaded and processed; click the OK button. When it's finished, click the Embed button below your video.
- Since the video is stored in your YouTube account, you can always manage or reuse it later.
- The video will be embedded in the Message textbox area. Click the Submit button.