TLTC Copying ANGEL Courses
Course shells are automatically created in ANGEL based on the Registrar's system. You can easily reuse your course material from term to term by copying from a previous course into the new course.
- After you've logged in to ANGEL, click the new Course that needs the information copied into it. This course should be empty when you start. Note: Do not copy into the course that has the original content - always go into the new course!
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click Import Console from the "Data Management" section.
- Click the Copy Course link.
- Select your previous course from the drop-down menu.
- Deselect the option to "Backup courses before import" because your course is empty and does not need to be backed up.
- Also deselect the option to "Replace all existing content" because there isn't any existing content. (If you leave this option selected, ANGEL will delete your course, recreate it, and then import the course you selected which will make it take longer.)
- Click the Copy button.
- Your course will be put into the ANGEL queue. It can sometimes take a bit of time to import the course based on size and activity in ANGEL. You can navigate away from ANGEL while this is happening.