1. Upon expiration or termination of the student’s housing contract, the student shall:
2. If the student fails to sweep, vacuum and clean the residence, appliances and fixtures, the student shall become liable, without notice or demand, to the University for appropriate cleaning fees. The student agrees that failure to comply with these duties will also result in an improper checkout fine.
3. In the event the student does not vacate (by the Expiration Date, or within the allowed time period) any property of the student remaining in the room or building may be treated as abandoned property. The University may remove such personal property from the residence and donate it to a charitable organization without liability to the student whether for trespass, conversion or otherwise. Any charges for removal and disposal will be assessed to the student. Failure to perform proper check-out procedures of the assigned room/suite will result in an improper check-out fine in addition to charges for damages and/or lost/not returned keys.
4. After the student has vacated the residence, the room and common areas will be inspected by the University in order to assess any damages and necessary repairs.
5. Failure to check-out properly will result in a $50.00 charge.