ARTICLE III: AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsibility for good conduct rests with students as adult individuals. Student organizations have similar responsibility for maintaining good conduct among their members and guests and at activities that they sponsor. All members of the campus community are expected to use reasonable judgment in their daily campus life and to show due concern for the welfare and rights of others.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs/ Dean of Students is vested with the responsibility for the Code of Student Conduct. This responsibility includes formulating and implementing operating procedures for the consideration of conduct violations and the imposition of sanctions in an efficient, consistent, fair, legal, and educational manner. The Vice President for Student Affairs/ Dean of Students delegates the daily operation of the Code of Student Conduct to the Associate Dean of Students or appropriate designee hereto referred to as Associate Dean/designee.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students of Buena Vista University is authorized to assign disciplinary cases to special conference committees or officers as that are deemed appropriate.
- The Associate Dean of Students/designee may determine the appropriateness of cases to be adjudicated through the student conduct system or through appropriate alternatives.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs /Dean of Students and the Associate Dean of Students/designee are vested with the authority to adjudicate all violations of the Code of Student Conduct. If it is determined that circumstances warrant different procedures, the Vice President and/or the Associate Dean of Students/designee may follow procedures other than those outlined below. In all cases, due process shall be afforded any student accused of misconduct.
Student Code of Conduct