Set up the Mac Mail client for an Exchange E-mail Account
- First locate the “Mail” program in your “Applications” Folder.
- If you have not used it before you will see a Screen like the one below. You will need to simply fill in the username and password fields.
- Click “Continue”
- Next you should get a Confirmation Screen like the one below.
- Click “Create” and your e-mail should start importing right away.
Notice: This also sets up the Address Book on your computer as well as iCal.
If you have other accounts associated with the “Mail” application on your mac you will need to follow the steps below.
- Open “Mail.”
- Open “Preferences” (This is done by clicking the “Mail” title in the menu bar and then selecting “Preferences”)
- Once “Preferences” opens you will need to click on the “Accounts” tab.
- Then click the plus icon below the list of account.
- Follow the above instructions to fill out the required information.
It should be very simple to set up these accounts. If you have trouble with this process, the cause is most likely an incorrect address or password.