Out of Office
If you will be out of the office for an extended period of time, it is helpful to set up an automatic Out of Office reply to emails you receive.
- Go to the File tab and click the Automatic Replies button.
- Click the Send automatic replies radio button.
- Select the Only send during this time range checkbox and adjust the Start time and End time. This way you don’t have to remember to disable the reply message when you return!
- In the Inside My Organization tab type and format your reply message in the textbox. For example, you might want to write something like “I am out of the office from ___ to ___. I will respond to your email as soon as possible upon my return.”
- Optional: To enable Outlook to send your reply to any email received outside of the organization, switch to the Outside My Organization tab. Note: One reason you might not want this option is if you subscribe to a lot of listservs.
- Select the Auto reply to people outside my organization checkbox.
- Enter your reply message. You can copy-and-paste the same message or write a different one.
- When you are done, click OK.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.