Creating and Sending a Message
- Click the New E-mail icon at the left hand side of the Home ribbon.
- Fill in the Tofield.
- This can be done by typing in the person’s name, email, or by clicking on the Address Book icon in the Names section of the Message ribbon.
- You can use the Check Names icon to make sure you have the right person. Outlook will automatically search the BVU address book. You may change it to your contacts if the person(s) is not a BVU employee.
- Type in the Subject.
- Type the body of your email.
Attaching a File to a Message
- Drag-and-drop the file into the message area to attach it.
- OR, click the Attachicon in the Message tab.
- Locate and select the file, and then click the Insert button.
- Note: You may attach multiple files by selecting more than one file. Hold down the Ctrl key and single-click on the files. Once you have selected the files you wish to attach, click Insert.
Using a Signature with Emails
- Place your cursor where you want the signature (e.g., at the end of the body of the email).
- Click the Signature icon in the Message tab.
- From the drop-down menu select the desired signature.
If you need help creating a new signature, see the Signatures section.
Changing the Priority Level of an Email
- After creating an email, click on the High Importance or Low Importance buttons in the Message ribbon.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.