Out of Office
If you will be out of the office for an extended period of time, it is helpful to set up an automatic Out of Office reply to emails you receive.
- In the top right corner, under the Options menu, select Set Automatic Replies.
- Click the Send Automatic Replies radio button.
- Select the Send replies only during this time period checkbox and adjust the Start time and End time. This way you don’t have to remember to disable the reply message when you return!
- In the textbox provided, type and format your reply message. For example, you might want to write something like “I am out of the office from ___ to ___. I will respond to your email as soon as possible upon my return.”
- Optional: To enable Outlook to send your reply to any email received outside of BVU, select the Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization checkbox and enter your away message. Note: One reason you might not want this option is if you subscribe to a lot of listservs.
- Click Save.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.
There are hundreds of short, video tutorials to help you learn Outlook and other programs.
- Log in to ANGEL with your BVU username and password.
- Click Go to Atomic Learning on the right.
- Use the Applications, Versions, and/or Platforms drop-down menus to find video tutorials for Outlook 2010.