Creating and Sending a Message
- Click the New button toward the top of your browser window. Or, click the New button > Message.
- This will open a new window or tab. Fill in the To field.
- This can be done by typing in the person’s name, email, or by clicking on the To link at the left edge of the To field
- You can use the Check Names icon to make sure you have the right person. Outlook will automatically search the BVU address book.
- Type in the Subject.
- Type the body of your email.
Attaching a File to a Message
- Click the Attachment icon along the top of the message window.
- Locate the file.
- Locate and select the file, and then click the Open button.
- Note: You may attach multiple files by selecting more than one file. Hold down the Ctrl key and single-click on the files. Once you have selected the files you wish to attach, click Open.
Using a Signature with Emails
- Place your cursor where you want the signature (e.g., at the end of the body of the email).
- Click the Insert Signature icon at the top. Note: If you haven’t created a signature in the Online Web App, this will not work (nothing will happen when you click the icon).
If you need help creating a new signature, see the Signatures section.
Changing the priority/importance level of an email
- After creating an email, click the Importance: High icon to denote the email as high priority or the Importance: Low icon to denote the email as low priority.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.