Viewing the Calendar
Meetings and appointments are created and edited using the calendar tool in Outlook Web App. The calendar is viewed by clicking on Calendar in the lower left-hand corner of your browser window.
Once in the Calendar, the ribbon at the top of the browser window will display options to change the view of the Calendar, as well as create new meetings and appointments.
The Calendar may be viewed by “Day,” “Work” (Mon-Fri), “Week” (Sun-Sat), or “Month.” Simply click the ribbon button corresponding to the display method you prefer.
Creating a New Meeting or Appointment
To create a new event on your calendar, click the small arrow next to the New button and select Appointment, Meeting Request, or Message.
The main difference between an appointment and a meeting is that an appointment is only for your calendar and a meeting is between other users and yourself, which will require inviting others to attend. An appointment can be converted into a meeting by clicking the Invite Attendees button.
Tips for Making a New Meeting
- Enter names of invitees in the To field.
- You can use the Optional field if there are any people you think may be interested in joining the meeting (like “CC” on an email).
- The Resources field can be used for somebody who may be responsible for setup for the meeting.
- Include a subject in the Subject field since this is what is displayed on the calendar.
- Don’t forget to give a Location!
- Select the time of the meeting by manually entering the times in the Start time and End time fields. If it is an all-day event, simply check the All day event checkbox.
- Use the Scheduling Assistant! This feature can show you the schedules of all of your invitees and can save a big headache down the road.
- Check the Show time as option. By default the status is set to “Busy.”
- Use the Check Names button at the top to ensure you are sending invitations to the right people.
- If you’d like to set a recurring meeting, use the Repeat button at the top.
- When you’re finished setting up your meeting, click the Send button. If you’re creating an appointment, click Save and Close.
Managing Meetings and Appointments
Once you have meetings and appointments created you may manage them with the calendar. Note that only accounts and categories with checked boxes will show up on the calendar. If you don’t see any events on your calendar, take a look at “My Calendars” to make sure the appropriate boxes are checked.
Meetings and appointments, which you have created, may be edited by:
- Dragging the event to a new day to change the event date;
- Double-clicking on the event to open and edit; or
- Right-clicking on the event and selecting an option from the list.
Attachments can be sent with meeting requests. Simply click the Attach button toward the top of the browser window.
Click the X next to the attachment you would like to delete. You may also right-click on the attachment and select Save link as to download the attachment.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.