Creating and Sending a Message
- Click the E-mail button at the left-hand side of the Home tab.
- Fill in the Tofield.
- This can be done by typing in the person’s name, email, or by clicking the Address Book icon to the right of the textbox.
- You can use the Check Names icon to make sure you have the right person. Outlook will automatically search the BVU address book.
- Type in the Subject.
- Type the body of your email.
Attaching a File to a Message
- Drag-and-drop the file into the message area to attach it.
- OR, click the Attachicon in the Message tab.
- Locate and select the file, and then click the Choose button.
- Note: You may attach multiple files by selecting more than one file. Hold down the command key and single-click on the files. Once you have selected the files you wish to attach, click Choose.
Using a Signature with Emails
- Place your cursor where you want the signature (e.g., at the end of the body of the email).
- Click the Signature icon in the Message tab.
- From the drop-down menu select the desired signature.
If you need help creating a new signature, see the Signatures section.
Changing the Priority Level of an Email
- After creating an email, click the High Priority or Low Priority buttons in the Message tab.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at firstname.lastname@example.org, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at email@example.com, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.
There are hundreds of short, video tutorials to help you learn Outlook and other programs.
- Log in to ANGEL with your BVU username and password.
- Click Go to Atomic Learning on the right.
- Use the Applications, Versions, and/or Platforms drop-down menus to find video tutorials for Outlook 2010.