Your contacts can be found under the Contacts area on the left. You can change the view using either the Details or List buttons on the Home ribbon.
To create a new, personal contact:
- Make sure you have “Contacts” selected on the left for your name. Click the Contact button on the Home ribbon.
- Place your cursor in the First Name textbox and type in the person’s first name. Do the same for Last Name and Work E-mail.
- Note: If it is not the person’s work email, click on Work E-mail and select the appropriate description.
- Fill in any other information you would like.
- Click the Save & Close button.
To create groups, you might need to enable a setting. If your “Contact Group” button is greyed out,
- Go to the Outlook menu > Preferences > General.
- Deselect the option for “Hide On My Computer folders.”
- Click the red button in the upper-left to close the Signatures window.
To create a new group:
- Click the Contact Group button on the Home ribbon.
- Give the group a title.
- Double-click in the Name area to begin adding members. Or click the Add button (which will move your cursor to the Name area).
- When you’re finished adding members, click the Save & Close button.
To modify a group after it’s been saved, simply double-click the group name.
For help using Outlook, please contact the TLTC at email@example.com, 712-749-2359, or 1-800-803-6583. The TLTC is available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please note that you can also contact 2Fix for any additional questions. You can contact 2Fix at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.712.249.2FIX (2349), or 1.800.248.4462. 2Fix is available from 7 AM to 11PM, Monday through Friday and 3 PM to 11PM on the weekend.
There are hundreds of short, video tutorials to help you learn Outlook and other programs.
- Log in to ANGEL with your BVU username and password.
- Click Go to Atomic Learning on the right.
- Use the Applications, Versions, and/or Platforms drop-down menus to find video tutorials for Outlook 2010.