Educational Psychology/ Human Development
Buena Vista University seeks applicants for a position in educational psychology, human development, or elementary education to play an integral role in the delivery of undergraduate elementary and secondary teacher education programs. This position is tenure-track, assistant professor level, with duties to begin in August, 2014. Earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in appropriate discipline strongly preferred; A.B.D. considered with clear completion timeline. Doctorate required for tenure. Applicants must be committed to excellence in teaching undergraduate, and possibly graduate, courses. Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Teach both face to face and distance education
- Initiate and maintain strong relationships with PK-12 districts
- Supervise field experiences including student teaching
- Advise students throughout their program and when conducting research
- Participate in curriculum development within your field
- Participate in campus committee work
- Participate in the field at a local, state, and national level
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with integrating technology as teaching and learning tools
- Possess a working knowledge of common core standards
Teaching experience at the elementary level strongly preferred.
Send letter of application, copies of graduate school transcripts (official copies required for appointment), a statement of teaching philosophy, teaching evaluation summaries, current vita, and three letters of reference to Dr. David Evans, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Buena Vista University, 610 West Fourth Street, Storm Lake, IA, 50588 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-Free Employer, and especially welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to any aspect of the university’s diversity.
Buena Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.